Best Websites To Work As a Freelancer: Working as a freelancer is one of the best options when it comes to working around the world, either from home or from anywhere. The first thing you should know is some important points such as knowing which are the best websites to find a job as well as some important tips which will help you in your freelance career.
Be careful, do not expect that working as a freelancer is like the one that appears in the photograph of the article.
What is Working as a Freelancer?
Freelance work is the term used to describe people who carry out work related to their occupation, trade, or profession, autonomously. They work on their own.
Working as a freelancer can help you earn extra money while you are looking for a job, or perhaps, it can also serve to earn money while you travel the world and there is even a large part of the population that is 100% dedicated to working as a freelancer. from their homes, offices or coworking.
Whatever you choose, freelance work offers many advantages, and of course, also some disadvantages.
In this article, you will learn about a series of web pages where you can find freelance jobs as well as some tips that will help you in your day-to-day life.
What Does a Freelancer Do?
Normally, a person who works as a freelancer performs specific jobs related to their professional area to be delivered in a period of time prior to agreement.
There are many areas that you can cover by working as a freelancer.
From content writers to application developers, technical services, website creation, development, design, data entry, translations, marketing, accounting, virtual assistants, music producer, SEO, community manager, Facebook Ads consultant, photographer, illustrator, event organizer, personal trainer, nutritionist… Among others.
Why Working as a Freelancer is an Advantage To Travel The World
By working as a freelancer, you can work remotely from anywhere in the world. Normally, you only need a good internet connection and a computer with which to carry out your tasks. In some cases, you need other equipment ( digital drawing tablets, mobile phones, cameras ….).
Therefore, it is a way of working that allows you to travel the world. No physical presence is needed to carry out this type of work, which is an advantage for those who like to travel and constantly change places.
Advantages of Working as a Freelancer
In addition, working for these marketplaces of freelance opportunities that we mention below, this type of job offers a series of advantages that you cannot find when you work looking for clients yourself. For example:
- You can select among the projects to be carried out or opt for some as a contest.
- In some marketplaces, you can add the services you offer, what your jobs have been, and what your prices are.
- You will not waste time looking for clients who wish to hire your services, here is a good list of work to do.
- You always get your money. On many occasions, when you work as a freelancer on your own, you have to be behind the clients to make the payment.
- Freedom to work when you want. You choose when you want to work and how much you want to work.
List of Web Portals To Finding Opportunities To Work As a Freelance
Below you will find a list of the main websites to carry out freelance work with their corresponding link and description. This is the easiest way to start earning money doing freelance work, although it is not the only one.
Website To Work As a Freelancer
These are some of the best websites to work as a Freelancer:
- Flexjobs – It is one of the most powerful web portals to access job offers as a freelance from home or from anywhere in the world.
- Upwork – One of the main tools available on the internet to search for a freelance job and work from home or from anywhere in the world.
- Peopleperhour – Tool very similar to the previous ones where you can find projects and job offers remotely.
- Fiverr – Another of the platforms where you can find many offers to work as a freelancer. In it, you will find a scoring system that will make your profile receive more orders according to the work carried out.
- Freelancer – It is the world’s largest freelancing, outsourcing, and crowdsourcing marketplace for small businesses. They have more than 13 million users, in it, you can be hired as a freelancer to carry out different jobs.
- Odesk – This portal has become part of Upwork.
- Twago – It is another of the companies inspired by Freelancer.com, it offers, like Fiverr, a scoring and evaluation system that will revalue your profile as you complete assignments.
- Adtriboo – A good page for Spanish-speaking people since its services are offered in places where this language is used, as well as in the United States and the United Kingdom.
- 99Designs – Be recognized as the leading website for graphic services. Very suitable for designers.
- Freelance Photographers – Here you will find a series of websites to earn money selling photographs.
- Freelance Translators – A series of web portals that pay you to do translations.
Some Tips For Working As a Freelancer
If you are working as a freelancer, there are some important tips that will help you in your freelance career.
Specializing in a theme will be essential to stand out and stand out from the rest of the users. Do not try to cover many fields, you will end up saturating yourself and you will not advance in your professional path.
2. Start With An Emergency Fund
You have to have a cushion, working as a freelancer will not always work as well. You can have better times than others, so having an emergency fund is essential for when times come with less work.
3. Define How You Are Going To Charge
Although it is not necessary when you take a job from a marketplace of those mentioned above, you must define how you are going to charge if you do work on your own. You have several options, by hours, by project, to delivered work.
4. Create a Professional Website
Creating a website where they can see your work, where your personal brand is reflected is essential to stand out from other users. In addition, this can work as a link for companies or clients to get to know you and be selected for other jobs.
Although it seems very comfortable to work from a hammock on a beach in Thailand, it is not. Depends on your job situation, there are so many options. If you work from home, set up a place to work (a desk with a comfortable chair and good light).
One of the most important keys to accessing new projects. Make contacts, talk about your services, hand out business cards, you never know where your potential client may be.