Email is one of the mainstream ways to share our moments with families and friends, and short videos work with business partners. However, we are not able to share long videos directly on Gmail, Outlook, or any other email platform. So How to compress a video for email.
The most effective solution is to compress a large video into a small file.
And in this post we a going to talk about making a video short for email on Mac and Windows 10 in various ways, as well as many details you should keep in mind. For example, how much do you want to reduce? What is the best video compressor?
How To Compress A Video For Email
How to compress video for email attachment without losing quality? Let’s dive in and find the answer. How to compress a video for email [solution]
What Is The Maximum Size of An Email Attachment?
Without exceptions, the email servers may refuse to accept large attachments. But the specific standard varies across devices and platforms (email clients and webmail).
To do a proper compression, let’s take a look at the maximum video attachments size, which should also be the target file size for your larger video:
- Gmail: 25 MB for webmail
- Outlook: 10 -20 MB for Email Client
- Yahoo Mail: 25 MB for webmail
- iCloud Mail: 20MB for webmail
- Hotmail: 10 MB for webmail
- Zoho: 20 MB for webmail
- GMX Mail: 50 MB for webmail.
- Since you may have different requirements for compression ratios and video quality under different circumstances, we have introduced MP4P / AVI / WMV video using VideoProc, zipping programs, online compressors, and cloud services to which we recommend, Has summarized several methods including. Video Proc is the most all-in-one solution for this. Let’s see one by one.
Compress a Video For An email With VideoPro
VideoProc is a simple but powerful desktop program that also acts as professional video compression software. Most notably, can reduce the file size is serving me up to 50% less by re-encoding with HEVC least quality loss. For further size shrinking, it lets you reduce the resolution, frame rate, and bitrate within a reasonable range.
So you should feel free to compress any kind of large video files for MP4, AVI, MKV,3D, etc, and email. With its advanced full-GPU acceleration technology compression speeds can reach up to 47x real-time faster using less CPU.
Here is how you can use VideoProc to compress your videos to a file size accepted by Gmail.
- Open VideoProc and click on the video option on its homepage.
- Drag any video when you want to send via an email to VideoProc. If necessary you can proceed to load more video files.
- Click on the video at the bottom and choose MP4 HEVC as the output format.
- Hit the Codec Options icon to open the Customization Settings tab.
- Minimize the video by choosing a lower frame rate, resolution, and bit rate.
- When you see that the estimated size is smaller than 25MB, click Done to save the changes.
- Browse a folder to save the video. Click the RUN button to export the video.
Make Video Shorter And Shorter
Another simple way is to cut your video into a short clip if it is too long to be compressed to 25MB. At the moment, VideoProc works as the best video editor to cut your large video file into smaller ones without rendering or quality loss.
7 WAYS VIRTUAL REALITY WILL CHANGE THE FUTURE
VideoProc has 3 cut modes. All of them can be easily found in the edit toolbar and toolbox at the bottom. Here we take the normal cut mode as an example.
- Import the video you want to send via Gmail or any other email to VideoProc.
- Choose a target video format. Both MP4 HEVC and MP4 H.264 are fine.
- Click on the scissor icon on the edit toolbar.
- Drag the green knob to specify the beginning and ending time of your video clip. Click on cut.
- If you want several different parts in your long video, repeat the step above to cut more clips.
- Click Done to return to the main UI.
- Choose a destination folder to save the video.
- If you may cut more than one clip, then you need to check the merge option on the right.
- Press the RUN button to export the video.
Zip a Video File To An Email
Both Mac and Windows computers have built-in zipping programs in which you can make videos smaller and more convenient for transferring via email. Desktop zipping utilities have decent algorithms to reach compression ratios of around 30%.
But if you have taken a video file larger than 4GB on Windows, while the email recipient is using macOS, the zip file will not be opened on the Mac.
- Right-click on the video or video folder.
- Choose Send and Compressed (zipped) folder.
- Press the control key and then click on the video or video folder you want to zip.
- Select the compression [filename] or the Compress x item from the shortcut menu.
- The video will be compressed with a .zip extension, while a folder with Archive.zip.
Email Online And Compress a Video For Free
If you do not want to download any third-party software, you can turn to online video compressors. Once you have access to a good network connection, you can reduce the size of the video for easy sending via email.
Video Compressor from FreeConvert is one of the most recommended and fastest online tools, and it also lets you compress videos for email on iPhone and Android. Check to use it to make videos less than 25MB.
- Open Video Compressor at freeconvert.com.
- Choose a video to load on FreeConvert from your device, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
- Choose MP4 as the output format.
- Click the gear icon next to the Format option to open Advanced Settings.
- Switch the compression method to target file size (MB).
- For example input the target size, 25MB. apply settings.
- Hit the Compress Now button. After its completion, download the video to your computer.
Send a Large Video Using The Cloud Service Via Email
Instead of reducing the file size of the video, you can share the entire video of the original quality through Cloud Link. You can also use Drive, Dropbox, or maybe One Drive which all provide free cloud storage and share services. To send large videos via email, you need to do the following:
- Log into a cloud storage platform that you use most often. Or, create a new account.
- Upload your long videos from your computer or mobile device.
- Create a share link and allow viewers to view and download it.