The genius of world football. All the records of Lionel Messi throughout his career. The Argentine star, seven times Ballon d’Or, was born to change the history of the sport, and his name is not only synonymous with exquisite football, titles, and goals, but also with ‘The record soccer player’.
The Records of Lionel Messi
Leo Messi has a total of more than 80 brands approved by Guinness records. Many times, the Argentine star breaks his own record that are counted as new. Leo progresses without stopping and often surpasses himself.
Among its great brands is a whopping 38 TITLES! throughout his career (35 with Barça and 3 with Argentina).
His most recent conquest is neither more nor less than adding the Seventh Ballon d’Or of his career. He is the ONLY footballer in history to have achieved such a feat. Genius and figure !!!
What records does Lionel Messi have?
These are just some of the most relevant records of Leo Messi throughout his career
⭐ Messi’s Records At Club Level
- Most Ballon d’Or: 7
- More Golden Boots: 6
- Most hat-tricks in the UEFA Champions League (alongside Cristiano Ronaldo): 8
- Most hat-tricks in the Spanish League: 35
- Most top scorer awards in the League: 8
- Maximum assistant in history in a season: 21
- More goals in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League: 71
- Most goals in the UEFA Champions League
- Most goals were scored in a Champions League game in 2012. It was against Bayer Leverkusen. The match ended 7-1 and Messi scored 5 goals.
- Top Scorer in the history of the League: 470 goals
- Most league goals in a single season: 50 (2011/12)
- Historical top scorer of the Spanish classic Madrid-Barça: 26
- Most consecutive league games goals: 21 games (33 goals).
- Most goals in a natural year: 79 in 2012 (92 including goals with Argentina)
- Most hat-tricks in La Liga: 36
- The foreign player with the most league titles: 11
- The player who wore the Barça shirt the most times: +778
- Most games for a foreign player in the League: +521
- Most club titles: 35 (with FC Barcelona)
- The only one to score more than 40 goals in 10 consecutive seasons (2009/10 – 2018/19).
- Most appearances in FIFPro World XI: 14 times (2007-2020) (shared with Cristiano Ronaldo)
- Most goals in Club World Cup finals: 4 goals (shared with Cristiano Ronaldo).
- Top scorer of the South American Qualifiers: 26 goals
- The only player to have scored in three World Cups: 2009, 2011, 2015 (shared with Cristiano Ronaldo).
- Most Ballons d’Or at the FIFA Club World Cup: 2 (2009, 2011).
- Most appearances for the Ballon d’Or at top 3: 12 times (2007 to 2017, 2019) (shared with Cristiano Ronaldo)
- The youngest player to win 2 Ballon d’Or awards: 23 years, 6 months, and 18 days. (this also happened with the third, fourth, fifth, and sixth)
Messi With the Argentine National Team
- Top scorer of the Argentine National Team: 80
- Youngest Argentine player to score in a World Cup: 18 years and 357 days